|These drives use the industry-standard ATA task file interface that supports 16-bit data transfers. It supports ATA programmed input/output (PIO) modes 0–4; multiword DMA modes 0–2, and Ultra DMA modes 0–5. The drive also supports the use of the IORDY signal to provide reliable high-speed data transfers.
- 7,200-RPM spindle speed
- High instantaneous (burst) data transfer rates (up to 100 Mbytes per second) using Ultra DMA mode 5.
- Giant magnetoresistive (GMR) recording heads and EPRML technology, which provide the drives with increased areal density.
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
- Quiet operation.
- 350 Gs nonoperating shock.
- SeaTools diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
- The 3D Defense System™, which includes Drive Defense, Data Defense, and Diagnostic Defense, offers the industry’s most comprehensive protection for disc drives.
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
- Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands.
- Support for autodetection of master/slave drives that use cable select (CSEL).
|FORMATTED CAPACITY (GB)
|DISCS (3.5 in)
||EPRML 16/17 ZBR|
|INTERNAL TRANSFER RATE (Mbytes/sec)
||up to 85.4|
|SUSTAINED TRANSFER RATE (MB/sec)
||up to 58|
|EXTERNAL TRANSFER RATE (Mbytes/sec)
||up to 100|
|PIO/DMA/UDMA MODE (max)
|SPINDLE SPEED (RPM)
|AVERAGE LATENCY (mSEC)
Read/Write Multiple, Read Look-Ahead, Multi-Segmented
|SECTORS PER DRIVE (LBA mode)
|TPI (TRACKS PER INCH)
|BPI (KBITS PER INCH)
||up to 595,000|
|AVERAGE ACCESS (ms seek/read/write)
|SINGLE TRACK SEEK (ms seek/read/write)
||+12V START-UP (amps) 2.8|
||Height (inches/mm): 1.028/26.04
Width (inches/mm): 4.00/101.6
Depth (inches/mm): 5.78/146.9
Weight (lb/g): 1.4/635
- Seagate Barracuda - ST380011A Ultra ATA/100 80GB 40-Pin Hard Drive (ST380011)
- SOFTWARE NOT INCLUDED -
Before you purchase this item, please ensure that you have verified compatibility with system by visiting the manufacturer's web site.
We assume no responsibility and will not accept full refunds for items purchased that are not compatible with your system configuration.