|NetCom introduces its first ultra compact double layer DVD recording drive, capable to write at 8x speed DVD-R and DVD+R media as well as 4x write or rewrite DVD-RW and DVD+RW media and up to 8.5GB on the new double layer DVD +R9 media. Besides DVD recording, the drive writes CD-R Media with 24x speed as well as Ultra-Speed CD-RW discs at 16x. The read speed of 8x for DVD-ROM 24x for CD-ROM in combination with the access time of 160 ms for DVD and 130ms for CD comprise the most important 9 optical storage functions in 1 slimline drive. Low power consumption, small dimensions and the weight of just 190g without compromises in performance favours the drive as ideal portable solution as well as excellent optical storage in thin computers.
The NC8DRUT provides fast DVD recording, high performance CD recording and excellent read performance by using NetCom’s know how in developing and producing highly reliable optical storage devices.
Whether consumers desire to share cost-effectively home movies, music and/or private data by using write once discs, or like to store any kind of digital data only for a certain period by using rewriteable discs, the NetCom NC8DRUT is capable to store up to 8.5 GB onto one DVD disc (or 700 Mbyte on a CD disc).
The NC8DRUT takes advantage of NetCom's "high resolution writing strategy" and of an improved version of NetCom’s "Active Optimized Power Control" (Active OPC). The “high resolution writing strategy" uses advanced laser modulationto enhance the accuracy of the written data. Active OPC dynamically monitors writing power and reflection of the media in use, calculating the optimum laser Power and adjusting it in real-time. Not only the media type itself is written in the optimum way – but even local anomaly on the used media can be handled in the optimum way by NetCom's technology.
Besides, NetCom implemented its own developed buffer under run error prevention technology.
Supported platforms are Windows 98SE, 2000, Me and XP. If video editing function is not required, Windows NT 4.0 is supported as well.
- Access Time: DVD: 160 ms CD: 130 ms
- Data Transfer Rate: 8x max. DVD-ROM and 24x max. CD-ROM
- Interface: IDE/ATAPI Interface with UltraDMA 33 (max. 33 MByte/sec transfer rate)
- Media Supported: 12cm and 8cm CD and DVD media supported
- Media Supported: DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW (high and ultra speed)
- Memory: 2 MBytes
- Modes Supported: DVD-ROM, DVD Video, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD Text, CD-Bridge, Photo-CD, Video CD
- PIO Mode: Mode 4
- Special Features: Vertical operation possible Anti - dust seal PC 2001 Certification MultiRead compliant
- Write Speed: DVD-R: 8x max. DVD-RW: 4x max DVD+R: 8x max. DVD+RW: 4x max DVD+R9: 2.4x CD-R: 24x max. CD-RW: 16x max
- Writing Methods: DVD:Random Access Writing (DVD+-RW) Sequential Writing 9DVD+-R/DVD=-RW) CD: DAO (disc at once), SAO (session at once), TAO (track at once) with zero gap, variable or fixed packet, multisession.
||DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW (high and ultra speed)|
||DVD+R: 8X max
DVD+RW: 8X max
DVD-R: 8X max
DVD-RW: 6X max
CD-R: 24X max
CD-RW: 16X max
||CD-ROM: 24X Max
DVD-ROM: 8X Max
|Random Access Time
||DVD-ROM: 160 ms
CD-ROM: 130 ms
|Data Transfer Rate:
||DVD Family: 8X (10800 KB/sec) max
CD Family: 24X (3600 KB/sec) max
||*Pentium III 450 MHz or faster CPU and 128 MB or higher RAM are required
*650 MB HDD available capacity; and 5 GB free space for creating a DVD image file
||Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP|
- NetCom NC8DRUT 8X IDE USB 2.0 EXTERNAL DVD'R’RW DRIVE
- - SOFTWARE NOT INCLUDED -
Before you purchase this item, please ensure that you have verified compatibility with system by visiting the manufacturer's web site.
We assume no responsibility and will not accept full refunds for items purchased that are not compatible with your system configuration.